"I was confused about solving these sanitation problems in my home. Now I have the answers and my children are happy to be in school without any problems to their health." - Mrs. Derembwe
Mrs. Chagwiza is one of our wonderful volunteers from Matiza village. She is a role model in her community and is dedicated to seeing every family in her village healthy and strong.
When food was scarce, Loveness and her boys sometimes had to resort to searching for edible plants and fruits in the forest. But now Loveness has a renewed sense of hope and power over her circumstances.
Mrs. Matanda is a widow who has devoted herself to caring for her three orphaned grandchildren. Frequent illnesses made life very difficult. "Bopoma came to us at a time when we were in a desperate state."
Most women in rural Zimbabwe cook indoors over an open fire—with dangerous consequences. Smoke from open fires causes serious heart and lung diseases as well as chronic eye conditions and even blindness. It’s been estimated that open fires produce as much as 400 cigarettes worth of smoke an hour! Open fires also expose women and …
Small-scale farmers in rural Zimbabwe rely on rainwater but inadequate rains in recent years have devastated agriculture, causing widespread food shortages. What little rain falls, quickly evaporates or runs off the dry compacted earth, barely penetrating the dusty soil. Bopoma Villages teaches farmers how to retain rainwater in their soil and store runoff. Communities across …
"I often feel that the non-profit industry does not manage its money well. Sometimes only a few cents of every dollar actually leads to measurable impact. But for me, Bopoma Villages is a grand exception."